E. Rivers Elementary School was established in 1917 on land donated by Atlanta developer Eretus Rivers. This school is one of the oldest public schools in Atlanta. Originally this school was named Peachtree Heights school, but was renamed for Eretus Rivers in 1926. The school was rebuilt and reopened in 1950 as the old school was leveled by a fire in 1948. In 1994 and 1999, this school enjoyed extensive renovations. In 2001, E. Rivers completed its “Field of Dreams” supporting soccer and baseball fields, basketball courts, a running track and playground. For the 2013-2014 school year, E. Rivers moved temporarily to the old Sutton Middle School campus by Chastain Park as their facility was rebuilt to accommodate their growth and need for facility improvement. They opened up their brand new campus in January 2015. E. Rivers has been an IB World School since February 2007.